Wednesday, January 27, 2010

pause

I have a dream...
that we could all live
Life
just the way we've dreamed.
Mine begins under the biggest tree in my backyard.
big wooden table, chairs peppered alongside
collected from garage sales and neighbors who have long since gone
---mismatched and inviting.
a night filled with stars
and jars
of candles
lit high above dangling from branches so broad.
the smell of a BBQ and s'mores fill the air
a campfire crackles.
I hear laughter...
and tiny moments are captured in my memory
of the candlelit faces who have gathered around my table
the dearest of family and friends
for a night of talk and tale
food(lots of it:)
hot cocoa and such.
everyone is happy, content
with full bellies and souls
and the thought of staying til' the sunrise
is hopeful.
Simply heaven
I have a dream...
My wish is for the people of Haiti.
May life be and filled full of dreams.







2 comments:

  1. It has taken me a week to figure out your blog name...now you need to start posting! K? Oh, this is Kelsey by the way.

    ReplyDelete